Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: czarnkow |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The commune lies on the Noteć river. Because there are many hills around
there, the area is called Szwajcaria Czarnkowska ("Czarnków's Switzerland").
From 1772-1919 the area belonged to the Kingdom of Prussia and Imperial Germany.
Arms and flag adopted on June 10, 1998 (resolution # XXXIV/310/98),
"Arms: shield divided horizontally into two parts. On the upper, gold field there is an oak tree with eight larger branches and two smaller ones in green color. It has five acorns of red color. Lower, red field features a noble Coat of Arms "Nałęcz" - an intertwined kerchief, shaped into a ring and tied at the bottom - of white color.
Flag: on the yellow field a red triangle with the apex down on which
the tied, intertwined white kerchief shaped into the ring is placed centrally.
The base of the triangle is the upper side of the flag's rectangle.
The apex reaches the middle of the lower side of the flag's rectangle.
Proportions of the flag are 1: 1,6."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 16 Nov 2008