Last modified: 2018-12-15 by rob raeside
Keywords: jablonka |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Originally part of Poland. Since 1368 it had a Customs House monitoring
trade with Hungary.
In XVI Century included into Hungary. 95% of the inhabitants were Polish: 5% - Slovak. Since 1920, back in Poland.
The Slovaks have a Center of Slovak Culture there.
Arms adopted on April 11, 2003 (resolution # VII/43/2003).
Flag adopted on September 5, 2008 (resolution # XXVIII/156/2008).
"Arms: a brown bear walking to the right, on green background and between
two spruce trees. Behind the bear is Babia Góra (Babia Mountain).
The upper part of the shield is dark blue and at its bottom there is a legend: "ORAWA" (name of the region shared by Poland and Slovakia).
Flag: on the white middle band, between two narrower color bands: dark
blue and green, a Coat of Arms is placed.
The upper and lower bands are both 1/5 of the width of the flag."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 13 Dec 2008