Last modified: 2018-12-15 by rob raeside
Keywords: jaljulye | mo'atza mekomit jaljulye | majles jaljulye el-makhaly | text: hebrew (black) | text: arabic (black) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Local Council Jaljulya is situated 10 km NE to Petah Tikva and 4 km east to Kefar Sava. Local Council from 1954.
Pop. 6,000, most of them Muslims. Unofficial flag is white with
municipal emblem, which has not been formally adopted.
Sources: letter from Mr. Jamil Shohana, Local Council General Manager, 23 September 2001; desk flag; this webpage.
Dov Gutterman, 10 October 2001
The origin of the name is supposed to be the ancient city of
Gilgal of the Sharon (Joshua 12,23). 7,000 inh. (2003).
The ruined house on the third corner of the emblem is the Khan (kind of Mamluk and Ottoman era "motel") which was built in 1320-1330 (photo at <www.alternativ.co.il>) .
Dov Gutterman, 12 April 2005
The municipal flag is indeed white as can be seen in the photo
Dov Gutterman, 20 June 2007