Last modified: 2015-05-14 by ivan sache
Keywords: university of zagreb |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag and emblem of HAŠK "Mladost" - Image by Željko Heimer, 9 September 2014
Established in 1903 as the Croatian Academic Sports Club (Hrvatski akademski športski klub, known as HAŠK or Akademičar). In 1945 it was split into the Zagreb Youth and Physical Culture Society "Mladost" (Youth) (Zagrebačko omladinsko i fiskulturno društvo "Mladost") and the Students Physical Culture Society Akademičar (Studentsko fiskulturno društvo Akademičar), to be united in 1946 into the Youth Students Sports Society "Mladost" (Omladinsko studentsko sportsko društvo "Mladost"), renamed in 1952 to the Academic Sports Society "Mladost" (Akademsko športsko društvo "Mladost"); a series of minor name changes followed. It was renamed in 1990 to the Croatian Academic Sports Society "Mladost" (Hrvatsko akademsko športsko društvo "Mladost"), and in 1994 to the Croatian Academic Sports Clubs "Mladost" of the University of Zagreb, abbreviated the HAŠK "Mladost", uniting today 22 individual sports clubs.
The traditional colours of HAŠK and AŠD wre horizontally divided red-white-golden; the current flag (photo) was derived from these colours, as well.
The individual clubs members of HAŠK "Mladost" use the tricolour flag as their own flag, while they have individual emblems to be displayed together with the HAŠK emblem. The tricolour flag is prescribed in the Statutes of the individual clubs, for instance:
- in Article 5 of the Statutes of the swimming club Statut Hrvatskog akademskog plivačkog kluba "Mladost", last amended on 9 May 2011 (text);
- in Article 8 of the Statutes of the rowing club Statut Hrvatskog akademskog veslačkog kluba "Mladost", last amended on 28 March 2013 (text);
- in Article 9 of the Statutes of the tennis club Statut Hrvatskog akademskog teniskog kluba "Mladost", dated 2014 (text).
Željko Heimer, 9 September 2014
Burgee of University Nautical Club of the Faculty of Machine Engineering and Shipbuilding of the University of Zagreb - Image by Željko Heimer, 3 September 2014
The burgee of the club is described in Article 6 of the club Statutes, Statut Sveučilišnog nautičkog kluba Fakulteta strojarstva i brodogradnje, last amended on 4 December 2004 (text).
The club flag is in the shape of an isoscales triangle with the figurative emblem of the Faculty, showing a ship's bow and wheel. The upper half of the triangle is red and the lower blue. The two are divided by a thin white line. The edges of the flag may be yellow. The flag may be of any size, but it must retain the proportions prescribed with the drawing.
The drawing of the burgee is part of the Statutes, showing the following dimensions (cm):
- width at hoist: 130;
- length from hoist to fly: 220
- width of the white line: 2.5
- length from hoist to the emblem: 20
- width from the horizontal centre of the burgee to the emblem bottom: 20;
- length of the emblem; 70;
- height of the bow: 50;
- angle to top slope of the bow: 18 degrees down from the horizontal;
- angle of the bottom slope of the bow: 19 degrees CCW from the vertical;
- centre of the wheel from the bottom right edge of the emblem: 32.5 up 17.5 left;
- radius of the wheel: 10.5 (inner), 17.5 (outer): 21 (top of the bow).
The width of the optional yellow edge is not indicated, show at about 5 units all round the triangle. The heading from it at hoist is indicated in dotted lines, ca. 20 units wide.
Željko Heimer, 3 September 2014