Last modified: 2013-01-05 by rob raeside
Keywords: vale parish | guernsey | channel islands |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Jens Pattke, 3 May 2010
Vale (Guernésiais: Lé Vale; French: Le Valle) is one of the ten parishes of Guernsey. Until 1806 the parish occupied territory on the mainland of Guernsey, the Vingtaine de l'Epine, as well as the whole of Le Clos du Valle, a tidal island forming the northern extremity of Guernsey separated from the mainland by La Braye du Valle, a tidal channel. La Braye du Valle was drained and reclaimed in 1806 by the British Government as a defence measure. Vale now consists of two non-contiguous territories.
The flag is white and covered with the coat of
arms in the center. The crest is a silver shield with a red ball-cross occupied.
Jens Pattke, 3 May 2010