Last modified: 2015-07-28 by ivan sache
Keywords: spain | burgee | yacht club | real club marítimo de barcelona | barcelona | cross (white) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by José Carlos Alegría
The Real Club Marítimo de Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalonia, established in 1881 with the name Club de Regatas de Barcelona, and later, in 1888 when the title "Royal" was given by the King of Spain, changed name to Real Club de Regatas de Barcelona. The flag is a blue burgee with a white cross of St. George.
The Real Club Marítimo de Barcelona and the Real Club Náutico de Barcelona merged in 1902 to form the Real Club Barcelona, but the new society only lasted until 1909, when they broke apart. Both club houses are next to each other on Barcelona's harbour.
José Carlos Alegría, 01 Feb 2000