This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Unidad Educativa "Corazón de María" (Ecuador)

Last modified: 2018-11-17 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: ecuador |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



image located by Ivan Sache, 11 November 2014


See also:


Overview

"Unidad Educativa 'Corazón de María'", located at Cuenca, is run by the nuns of the Congregation of the Oblate Nuns.
The congregation was founded in Cuenca by Father Julio María Matovelle. Mother Leticia de Jesús Célleri, Superior General of the congregation, commissioned Noemí Gárate Espinoza to found an educative institute, which was recognized by Ministerial Decree No. 1099 on 30 September 1959. The institute was named after the patron of the congregation, the Heart of Mary.
Ivan Sache, 8 February 2009


Flag

The flag of the institute, according to the photo and the description available on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided light blue-white with the emblem of the institute in the middle. The colours of the flag are the traditional Marian colours.
On the flag, the emblem of the institute is a blue shield with a white open book (as the symbol of the future opened by science) charged with a white lily (on the left page, as the symbol of the good souls) and a dove (on the right page, as the messenger of peace), supported by a red cross. The shield is surrounded by a blue border, charged on top with the white writing "UND ED CORAZON DE MARIA". A white scroll on the base of the shield bears the Latin congregation's motto in red letters "OB AMOREM DEI" (For the love of God). There is a golden fringe around the flag.
The emblem of the institute, as shown graphically on the website of the institute, seems to be a modernized version of the emblem shown on the flag.
Ivan Sache, 8 February 2009