Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: miltenberg county | obernburg county | chief | lozengy(white-blue) | wheel | franconian rake | pale(wavy) | grapes | towers(red) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Red-white-blue striped. The wavy bend in the coat-of-arms symbolizes the river Main.
Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Linder and Olzog 1996.
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on May 25, 1975. The wheel is the wheel of the Archishopric of Mainz, which was part of the arms of both former counties [Miltenberg and Obernburg am Main]. The Franconian rake is taken from the arms of the Bishopric of Würzburg, and are here used as the arms for the Franconia area. The pale wavy is representing the Main river and the chief is the arms of Bavaria. The area belongs since 1816 to Bavaria.
Source: Linder and Olzog 1996
Santiago Dotor, 28 Jan 2004
Red-white-blue. Was integrated into Miltenberg county during the 1972 municipal reform.
Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1972, p.118
Stefan Schwoon, 17 Aug 2001
The coat of arms was approved on 6 March (?) 1968. The chief displays the wheel of the Archbishopric of Mainz, to which the whole area belonged until 1803. The lower part shows the river Main and the grape as a symbol of the important viticulture in the county. The two buildings are in the dexter part an old Roman tower and in the sinister part two modern pipes. The county was on the Roman Limes, the border of the Roman Empire. The two pipes are symbolizing the (former) Glanzstoff factory as a symbol for the modern industrialisation in the county.
Source: Stadler 1972, p.118
Santiago Dotor, 23 July 2003
back to Bavarian District, County and Municipal Flags Index page click here