Last modified: 2018-11-24 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 12 July 2014
Institución Educativa Colegio Pablo Correa León was established on 20 March
1980 in Cúcuta (Norte de Santander Department). The institute is named for Pablo
Correa León (1918-1980), 2nd Bishop of Cúcuta (22 July 1959 - 27 July 1970).
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided dark blue-white-wine red-gold with the institute's emblem in the white stripe. There is no photographic evidence that the flag in actual use bears the emblem. Dark blue is a symbol of great ideals. White is a symbol of peace, harmony, transparency, legality, human relations, respect for all, and dignity. Wine red is a symbol of tenacity, audacity, and perseverance. Gold is a symbol of human values.
http://majitouribe91.blogspot.fr/2013/05/bandera-colegio-pablo-correa-leon.html - María José Uribe Silva's blog
The emblem of the institute is a shield diagonally divided per bend sinister. The upper part, white, is charged with a mitre, as a tribute to Bishop Pablo Correa León and a symbol of the Christian faith. The mitre is yellow, with a red cross and lappets (infulae). The sinister part, blue [white on the drawing] is charged with a yellow parchment and a green quill, symbolizing science and truth. The bend is charged with the institute's motto, "EMPRESA Y VIRTUD" ('Enterprise and Virtue).
http://majitouribe91.blogspot.fr/2013/05/escudo-colegio-pablo-correa-leon_1.html - María José Uribe Silva's blog
Ivan Sache, 12 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 27 January 2009
"Colegio 'Pablo de Tarso'" (Paul of Tarsus) was
founded in January 1996 by the Federal District of Bogotá
(Decree No. 002).
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided red-blue with a white triangle placed along the hoist.
Ivan Sache, 27 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 01 July 2014
Colegio Diocesiano Paulo Sexto is located in Cereté (Córdoba Department). The
institute is named for Pope Paul VI.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided green-white-yellow.
Source: http://unminutoparalareflexion2013.blogspot.fr/2014/04/himno-del-colegio-diocesano-pablo-sexto.html - Nabonazar Cogollo Ayala's blog
Ivan Sache, 01 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 27 July 2018
Colegios Padre Manyanet were established in Medellín, Bogotá and Chía by
the Sons of the Holy Family, a congregation founded in 1864 by St. Josep
Manyanet i Vives (1833-1901; canonized on 16 May 2004 by Pope John Paul II).
The flag of Colegios Padre Manyanet is described in Chapter 6.1. of the schools' Manual de Convivencia, as follows.
The flag of Colegio Padre Manyanet, used worldwide by the Sagrada Familia, is horizontally divided purple-white-blue.
Purple represents St. Joseph.
White represents Jesus.
Celestial blue represents the Blessed Virgin.
Manual de Convivencia
Ivan Sache, 27 July 2018
image by Ivan Sache, 07 July 2018
Institución Educativa Padre Roberto Arroyave Vélez was established in San
Pedro de los Milagros, as Escuela Pública del Distrito Municipal, by a Decree
issued on 22 October 1821 by the Sovereign Congress of Colombia. The school was
renamed in 1984 as a tribute to Father Roberto Arroyave Vélez, founder of
Escuela Normal Señor de los Milagros and of Liceo Departamental Pio XII.
The flag of IE Padre Roberto Arroyave Vélez is described as follows:
A. A royal blue upper stripe, meaning loyalty, confidence, knowledge, cleverness, faith, and truth.
B. A white stripe, associating light, kindness, purity, perfection, and peace.
C. A green lower stripe, symbolizing the color of natural environment. It represents harmony, growth, and hope.
Source: Manual de Convivencia, Chapter 1.7.1
Ivan Sache, 07 July 2018
image by Ivan Sache, 30 June 2014
Colegio Palermo de San José was established on 17 January 1943 by Antonio
Henao (d. 1986), the parish priest of El Pobladao (Medellin) and Mother María
Olivia (1918-2004), an Austrian-born nun from the Congregation of the Franciscan
Missionary Sisters of Mary Help of Christians, established in Ecuador by the
Swiss-born nun St. Maria Bernarda Bütler (1848-1924; canonized on 12 October
2008 by Pope Benedict XVI). Blessed on 19 March 1943, St. Joseph's Day, the
institute was relocated in 1945 in the Palermo estate, purchased one year
The flag of the institute is presented as horizontally divided yellow-blue. The image shows the institute's emblem in the middle of the flag, while the written description mentions only the two stripes. There is no photographical evidence that the flags in actual use are charged with the emblem.
Yellow is a symbol of the love for the Eucharist, of struggle for surpassing, and of universal fraternity. Blue is a symbol of love for Mary Help of Christians.
The emblem of the institute was designed by Sister Gregoria Dücks. It is made of a yellow disk with a blue border inscribed with "COLEGIO PALERMO DE SAN JOSE" (top) and "MEDELLIN" (bottom). Inside the disk is a white parchment, a symbol of truth and transparency. The yellow stars represent high ideals and goals. The lamp is a symbol of force and tenacity, of the light of Christ, of enthusiasm, joy, and Franciscan kindness. The monogram refers to the name of the institute. The books are a symbol of science.
Ivan Sache, 30 June 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 20 October 2017
Image based on <www.unipamplona.edu.co>.
Dov Gutterman, 21 July 2002
The University was established on November 23, 1960 as a a public,
departmental, coeducational research University based primarily in the city of
Pamplona, Norte de Santander, Colombia. The university also has two satellite
campuses in the department, in the cities of Cúcuta
and Villa del Rosario.
Sources: http://www.unipamplona.edu.co/unipamplona/portalIG/home_1/recursos/01_general/pagina_ingles/17122013/resena_historica.jsp and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Pamplona
Its flag design is very simple: it is the color of the Municipality of Pamplona after which it gets its name, with the University's coat of arms (https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universidad_de_Pamplona#/media/File:Escudo_Universidad_de_Pamplona.svg) in the middle.
Esteban Rivera, 19 October 2017
image by Ivan Sache, 13 September 2014
Institución Educativa Panamericano Puente Boyacá was established in the
village of Puente de Boyacá, part of the municipality of Ventaquemada (Boyacá
Department) by Resolution No. 2,006 of 21 October 2008.
The flag of the institute is green with a red disk in the middle, outlined in golden yellow and charged with a black representation of the Bridge of Boyacá.
Source: http://instpanamericano.blogspot.fr/p/bandera-y-escudo.html - Institute's website
The Bridge of Boyacá (Puente de Boyacá) is part of the Park of Boyacá, a National Cultural Heritage site that commemorates the Battle of Boyacá, won on 7 August 1819 over the Royalist troops. The bridge, erected in the early 18th century, was proclaimed a National Monument of the Independence in 1920.
Ivan Sache, 13 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 20 November 2014
Colegio Cooperativo was established in January 1976 in Panqueba (Boyacá
Department) by the priest José Antonio Romero Mojica. The school was renamed
Colegio Departamental Mixto by Decree No. 645 of 23 August 1976, Colegio
Nacionalizado de Panqueba by Agreement No. 69 of 5 August 1986, and Colegio de
Educación Basica y Media Técnica de Panqueba by Resolution No. 2,016 of 22 July
1999. Colegio de Educación Preescolar, Basica y Media Técnica de Panqueba was
established by Resolution No. 1,664 of 11 July 2002, as the merger of the
Colegio and of Concentración Urbana. Institución Educativa Técnica de Panqueba
was eventually established by Resolution No. 47 of 16 January 2009 as the merger
of the Colegio and of several Escuelas Rurales.
The flag of the institute is described in Chapter 2, Article 6 of the institute's Etiquette Guidebook as plain emerald green, meaning hope, economy, agriculture and cattle-breeding. Adopted in September 1979, the flag was designed by Aurelia Maldonado de Russi. Authorship is credited to the priest José A. Romeroy - director of the school - and to the teachers María Antonia Calerón, Dora Sofía Leal and Aurelia Maldonado.
Source: http://colpanqueba.jimdo.com/manual-de-convivencia/ - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 20 November 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 13 December 2014
Institución Educativa Técnica Papagalá was established in 1932 in Papagalá
(municipality of Saldaña, Tolima Department), as Escuela Rural Mixta Papagalá.
The sole teacher, Atanias Réinales, taught some 20 pupils in a palm-roofed hut
offered by Miguel Hernández Pinto. Colegio Papagalá was established in 1982, as
a secondary seat of Colegio Roberto Leiva. Institución Educativa Técnica
Papagalá was eventually established by Resolution No. 1,213 of 3 October 2002 as
the merger of Instituto Técnico Comercial Papagalá, Escuela Rural Mixta Papagalá
Cucharo and Escuela Rural Mixta El Redil.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided wine red-white. Wine red is a symbol of Tolima Department, as a colour of its flag. White is a symbol of peace.
Source: http://papagala.tripod.com/CONOZCANOS.htm#S%CDMBOLOS_INSTITUCIONALES - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 13 December 2014
"The Instituto Técnico Industrial Pascual Bravo (English: Technical
Institution Pascual Bravo) was established by Ordenanza No. 37 of 1935, by the
Assembly of the Department of Antioquia as "Escuela de Artes y Oficios"
(English: School of Arts and Crafts), as an Annex of the Universidad de
Antioquia. In 1938 it was reorganized into an industrial institution, and
became an independent entity, as a public school, changing its name to its
current form. The year 1938 is generally accepted as the foundation of the
school. It is closely related to the I.U. Pascual Bravo because they both have
the same foundation date and name and are complimentary institutions as well"
Sources: http://www.tecnicopascualbravo.edu.co/index2.php?id=5749&idmenutipo=1121&tag=, http://master2000.net/recursos/fotos/284/resena_historica.pdf, and https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instituto_T%C3%A9cnico_Industrial_Pascual_Bravo
The flag is, as seen here (second flag from left to right): https://scontent.feoh4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/ (source: https://www.facebook.com)
For additional information go to Técnico Pascual Bravo (official website): http://www.tecnicopascualbravo.edu.co
Esteban Rivera, 13 August 2018
"The I.U. (Institución Universitaria) Pascual Bravo (English: University
Institution Pascual Bravo) was established by Ordenanza No. 37 of July 24, 1935,
by the Assembly of the Department of Antioquia as "Escuela de Artes y Oficios"
(School), as an Annex of the Universidad de
Antioquia. In 1938, by Ordenanza No. 56, of July 4, 1938, its name is
changed to "Escuela de Artes y Oficios Pascual Bravo" (English: Pascual Bravo
School of Arts and Crafts). By
Decreto No. 108 of 1950, Congress modifies its name to "Instituto Técnico
Superior Pascual Bravo" (English: Higher Technical Institute Pascual Bravo).
By Law 52, of 1982 Congress again reorganizes the institution and it is
renamed "Instituto Tecnológico Pascual Bravo" (English: Technological
Institute Pascual Bravo) and grants full autonomy. Finally, by Resolución No.
1237 of the Ministry of Education of March 16, 2007, it is transformed into a
The year 1938 is generally accepted as the foundation of the school. It is closely related to the I.U. Pascual Bravo because they both have the same foundation date and name and are complimentary institutions as well."
The flag is horizontal with five horizontal stripes, equal in size, three blue and two white, starting (from top to bottom) with blue, and
the Coat of Arms ® in the middle, as seen here: http://www.pascualbravo.edu.co/images/lainstitucion/simbolos/bandera.jpg (source: http://www.pascualbravo.edu.co/index.php/lainstitucion/quienes-somos/simbolosinstitucionales). On the lower blue stripe, close to the hoist, in a vertical manner, it has the inscription "Vigilada Mineducación" (English: Monitored by (the) MinEducación (abbreviation for Ministry of Education)".
The following information is from their "Manual de Identidad Visual" (English: Visual Identity Manual):
The coat of arms colors are:
Blue: C = 100 M= 74 Y = 42 K= 55
White: C = 0 M= 0 Y = 0 K= 0
Blue: R = 0 G = 31 B = 55
White: R = 255 G = 255 B = 255
The font types to be used are: Bebas Neue, Helvetica Neue LT Com 47 Light Condensed, Helvetica Neue LT Com 77 Bold Condensed, Arial Narrow, Nightingale and Wilderness Typeface.
The description of the coat of arms (translated from the original, in Spanish): "The torch above indicates the more knowledgeable, the wiser. The middle of the Coat of Arms is a book, representing the mission of the Institution to safeguard knowledge. The Coat of Arms is complemented by a circumference that welcomes all elements, including the name and year of foundation, and seeks to represent universal concept of knowledge.
(A) Cogwheel, which refers to the Technological formation of the Institution.
Registro de la Marca Comercial Institución Universitaria Pascual Bravo 1938 (mixta). Para distinguir servicios comprendidos en la
educación, formación, servicios de entretenimiento, actividades deportivas y culturales.
(®) Registered trademark
"Vigilada Mineducación (English: Monitored by (the) MinEducación (abbreviation for Ministry of Education). It has to be visible as
mandatory by Resolución No. 12220 of 2016 by the Ministry of Education.
For additional information go to Pascual Bravo (official website): http://www.pascualbravo.edu.co
Esteban Rivera, 13 August 2018
image by Ivan Sache, 29 October 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 29 October 2014
Escuela Normal de institutores de Nariño was established in Pasto (Nariño
Department) by Law No. 7 of 6 September 1911. Classes started on 23 November
1911. The institute was renamed Escuela Normal de Occidente in 1935. Subsequent
names of the institute were Escuela Normal Superior de Varones, Escuela Normal
Nacional, and, eventually, Institución Educativa Municipal Escuela Normal
Superior de Pasto.
The flag of the institute is presented in the Institutional Education Project as horizontally divided white-green. Green represents hope, as well as the woods and gardens located in the premises of the institute. White is a symbol of tranquility, harmony, and peace.
Source: http://www.escuelanormalpasto.edu.co/documentos/05pei.pdf - Institute's website
However, the flag in actual use is horizontally divided green-white.
The flag appears to be used also with the institute's emblem in the middle.
The emblem of the institute is presented in the Institutional Education Project as charged with traditional elements. The lower right part alludes to Nariño Department illuminated by the torch of knowledge. The upper left part is charged with a castle, a symbol of the greatness of the inhabitants of Nariño, surrounded by two lions symbolizing the authority and the force of people struggling for education. The central part is inscribed with the institute's motto "EDUCACION Y PROGRESO" (Education and Progress).
Ivan Sache, 29 October 2014
Ivan Sache, 12 July 2014
Institución Educativa Municipal Técnico Industrial de Pasto was established
in 1950 in Pasto (Nariño Department), succeeding Escuela Industrial Francisco de
Paula Santander. The institute was managed from 1952 to 1972 by the Salesians of
Don Bosco. Then state-managed, the institute was renamed Instituto Técnico
Superior Industrial Nacional de Pasto. The institute adopted its current name in
2004, after its management had been transferred to the municipality of Pasto.
The flag of the institute is diagonally divided green-white per bend sinister, with the institute's emblem in the middle. Green is a symbol of freshness, tranquility and hope. White is a symbol of purity, innocence and peace.
The emblem of the institute features:
- a lightning, representing electricity, among the oldest specialties taught at the institute;
- a cogwheel, representing industrial mechanics;
- a square and a rectangle, representing industrial design and wood industry;
- a computer mouse, representing computer science, the most recent specialty taught at the institute;
- a book, as the highest symbol of academics and knowledge.
All these elements are inscribed within a circle symbolizing integration.
http://tecnicoindustrialpasto.edu.co/index.php/institucion/simbolos-institucionales - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 12 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 08 July 2011
"Colegio Patios Centro Uno" is located in Los Patios (Norte de Santander
The flag of the institute, as shown (photo) on the institute's website, is horizontally divided white-red.
Ivan Sache, 08 July 2011
image by Ivan Sache, 09 July 2011
"Liceo Patria" was founded on 15 April 1967 in Barrio San Alfonso,
Bucaramanga (Santander Department) by General Álvaro Valencia Tovar, as "Quinta
Brigada", based in dependencies of the Ricaurte Battalion. In 1970 General
Álvaro Camacho Leiva moved the college to its today's location and renamed it "Liceo
Patria Quinta Brigada". On 28 April 2008, the college was renamed "Institución
Educativa Liceo Patria" by Municipal Decree No. 1,699.
The flag of the institute is shown graphically on the institute's website as horizontally divided white-red. White symbolizes peace, red symbolizes courage and love.
Ivan Sache, 09 July 2011
image by Ivan Sache, 17 September 2014
Institución Educativa Paul VI was established in Palmira (Valle Department)
by Resolution No. 1,781 of 4 September 2002, as the merger of Centro Docente No.
82 Paulo VI (est. on 16 October 1968), Centro Docente No. 98 José María Calvache,
Centro Docente No. 101 Popular Modelo, and Centro Docente No. 107 Luis Fernando
Vallejo. The name of the institute recalls the Apostolic Pilgrimage (official
visit) of Pope Paul VI to Bogotá, 21-25 August 1968.
The symbols of the institute, designed by Hugo Ferney Rodriguez in 1983, for the celebration of the 15th anniversary of the foundation of the institute, are prescribed in Article 7 of the institute's Etiquette Guidebook.
The flag is divided white-yellow by a red diagonal stripe, per bend sinister. White and yellow are the papal colours. Red recalls the cloak of the Pope and of the cardinals.
Ivan Sache, 17 September 2014