Last modified: 2013-03-16 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | turiúba |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
20 February 2013
Based on: http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turi%FAba
A vertical tricolour, blue-white-green, with the municipal arms in the centre.
Official website at
Dirk Schönberger, 19 February 2013
Turiúba was founded on 26 May 1926 as Vila Gonçalves by Captain Vicente Gonçalves dos Santos. Born in Minas Gerais, Gonçalves colonized the area in 1866, together with his wife Sabina Izolina da Glória, their sons and a few other people. The district of Turiúba was established by Decree-Law No. 14,334 of 30 November 1944, with land taken from the district of Buritama, municipality of Macaubal. Law No. 233 of 24 December 1948 transferred Turiúba from the municipality of Monte Aprazível to the municipality of Buritama. The municipality of Turiúba was established by Law No. 5-285 of 18 February 1959 and inaugurated on 1 January 1960, with Vila Gonçalves as its seat. Law No. 7,664 established the district of Lourdes as a municipality.
[This image has been recently replaced by a new one, showing the flag was vertically divided blue-white-green with the coat of arms in the middle. The early image must be a wrong interpretation of the photo of the flag shown on the website of the Municipal Council of Turiúba. However, the image currently shown on Wikipedia shows the flag with bright colours, not supported by the photos of the flag. The primary source of the image is the website of the Municipal Council.]
The flag of Turiúba is vertically divided blue-white-green with the municipal coat of arms in the middle.
Photos of the flag:
Ivan Sache, 20 February 2013