Last modified: 2013-04-27 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | guaimbê |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 3 April 2013
Guaimbê was established by the Japanese colonists Shuhei Uetsuka and
Uamani Kaniti, with the support of the engineer Kazuo Hakaishima, on
land owned by João Domingues Sampaio. The Uetsuka 2nd Colonial
Nucleus, founded on the banks of river Guaimbê, was subsequently
renamed Vila Sampaio. The district of Guaimbê was established by
Decree No. 6,499 of 12 June 1934, as part of the municipality of Lins,
and transferred to the municipality of Getulina by State Law-Decree
No. 13,334 of 30 November 1944.
The municipality of Guaimbê was established by Law No. 2,456 of 30
December 1953 and Law No. 165 of 24 June 1954.
http://www.guaimbe.sp.gov.br - Municipal website
The flag of Guaimbê is red with a white saltire charged with five blue
The flag appears to be a banner of the municipal arms, "Gules a
saltire argent charged with five fleurs-de-lis azure 2 + 1 + 2. The
shield surmonted by a mural crown argent ports sable. The shield
supported dexter by a branch of coffee sinister by a plant of maize
the two proper. Beneath the shield a scroll gules inscribed with the
municipality's name in letters sable".
http://www.cmguaimbe.sp.gov.br - Website of the Municipal Chamber