Last modified: 2012-11-04 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | caiuá |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dirk Schönberger,
8 October 2012
Vertically divided, approximately 2:3, white and blue, the municipal arms in the upper part of the white field, and two diagonal white bars across the blue field, making an unfilled triangle.
Official website at
Dirk Schönberger, 8 October 2012
Caiuá was founded in 1922 during he building of the Sorocabana railway. The settlement, once known as Água do Pavão, was named for the Caiuá natives; in Tupi-Guarani, "caiuá" means "a forest clearing". The district of Caiuá was established on 14 December 1928 by Law No. 2,310. The municipality of Caiuá was established on 30 December 1953 by Law No. 2,456, seceding from the municipality of Presidente Venceslau, and inaugurated on 1 January 1955.
The flag of Caiuá is blue with a white chevron placed horizontally, reaching the upper, lover and right edges of the flag, and a white rectangular panel placed along the hoist and charged in canton with the municipal coat of arms.
Photo of the flag, 4 June 2010:
Ivan Sache, 4 November 2012