Last modified: 2013-03-23 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | apiaí |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache,
9 March 2013
Apiaí was founded on 14 August 1771, as Santo Antonio das Minas de Apiaí, by Governor Luiz Antonio de Souza Botelho de Moura. The oldest settlement in the area, known today as Vila Velha dos Peões, was established a few km of the today's town. The colonists subsequently moved to the Golden Hill (Mourro de Oro), located in the center of the town, where gold was abundant. The early municipality of Apiaí covered the territories of the today's municipalities of Apiaí, Ribeira, Iporanga and Paraná (partially).
The flag of Apiaí is white with the municipal coat of arms in the middle.
Photos of the flag
Ivan Sache, 9 March 2013