Last modified: 2021-12-11 by ian macdonald
Keywords: santa catarina | treviso |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 8 November 2021
The municipality of Treviso (3,556 inhabitants in 2010; 15,768 ha) is located
230 km south-west of Florianópolis.
Treviso was established, as Novo Treviso, on 24 December 1891 by Italian colonists coming from the provinces of Treviso, Bergamo, Cremona and Ferrara, transported from Genoa by the ship "Cachemir".
The district of Treviso was established by Law No. 103 promulgated on 2 July 1926 by the Municip)al Council of Urussanga, to be transferred to the newly established municipality of Siderópolis by State Law No. 380 promulgated on 19 December 1958 ìn the aftermath of a plebiscite organized on 19 March 1995 and approved by 68.6% of the 1,423 voters, the municipality of Treviso was established by State Law No. 9,864 promulgated on 8 July 1995.
Ivan Sache, 8 November 2021
A bicolor of red over yellow, overlain by a white triangle extending from the hoist to the fly, itself overlain by a green triangle extending from hoist about 75% to the fly, with the municipal arms on it.
Official website at
Dirk Schönberger, 18 August 2012
The flag and arms of Treviso are prescribed by Municipal Law No. 102
promulgated on 24 June 1998.
a) The flag of the municipality of Treviso is composed of the green, red, yellow and white colors, arranged in five parts. In the upper part a yellow right-angled triangle, in the lower part a red right-angled triangle, on the left side an isosceles triangle reaching the center of the green part. The three triangles separated from each other by a white stripe.
b) The isosceles triangle charged in the center with a white oval circle inscribing the coat of arms of the municipality.
c) The green and yellow colors represent the flag of Brazil, while the green and red colors represent the flag of Italy.
d) White represents peace, which has been fundamental for the municipality's growth and emancipation.
e) The flag of the municipality shall be officially 1.30 m in length and 0.90 m in width.
The municipality recognizes Edson Cesconetto as the author of the flag.
The coat of arms of the municipality of Treviso is composed of a shield inscribed in geometric figure.
a) The yellow and black crown placed in the coat of arms' upper part has three visible towers that represent the three powers.
b) On the shield's chief is represented the "Cachemir" ship, representing the journey of the immigrant Italians who colonized the area, and also the region of Treviso, represented by sculptures found in the Serra Geral, more accurately the Two Fingers.
c) Below a miner with a helmet and a lamp, a coal wagon and a railway representing coal extraction as the municipality's main source of income.
d) On the side a farmer, representing agriculture, mostly banana cultivation, which was the main source of income before coal extraction.
e) Decorating the shield, a variety of plants of the various species growing in the municipality.
f) In the shield's lower part, a red scroll inscribed "TREVISO" in black and the years "1891 - 1995", for colonization and emancipation, respectively.
g) The colors of the coat of arms are yellow, black, blue, brown, green, red, gray, orange, and blue.
The municipality recognizes Daniela Losso as the author of the coat of arms.
The coat of arms, the flag and the anthem were selected by a commission representing the municipality's diverse entities, appointed by Decree No. 149.
Leis Municipais database
The flag is often used as prescribed un the legal texts, that is with the coat of arms placed on "oval circle".
Ivan Sache, 8 November 2021