Last modified: 2021-12-11 by ian macdonald
Keywords: santa catarina | luzerna |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 4 November 2021
The municipality of Luzerna (5,599 inhabitants in 2010; 11,683 ha) is located 420 km west of Florianˇpolis.
Ivan Sache, 4 November 2021
A horizontal tricolor, red-yellow-green, with in the centre a white lozenge with the municipal arms.
Official website at
Dirk Sch÷nberger, 3 July 2012
The flag and arms of Luzerna are prescribed by Municipal Law No. 55
promulgated on 5 September 1997.
The municipal flag of Luzerna is composed of a rectangle with three horizontal stripes, green, red and yellow, in proportions 1/3 for the red color, 1/3 for the green color, and 2/3 for the yellow color, charged with a white lozenge inscribing the coat of arms of the municipality.
The meaning of the colors of the flag of the municipality is the following.
Green symbolizes hope and care for natural environment.
Red is associated with the origin of Luzerna's people.
Yellow represents light and the municipality's resources.
The white lozenge represents union and cultures' harmony.
The municipal coat of arms [...] shall have the following composition.
- shaped like a shield with a gray border, internally divided into two parts by a red scroll inscribed in white with the municipality's name and date of emancipation.
a) In the upper part:
- on a blue background a sun rising above mountains.
- beneath, the river, a characteristic element of the landscape and the origin of settlement of colonists in the region and of local development.
- a train, representing the arrival of pioneers.
b) In the lower part:
- a cogwheel, a hen and agricultural products, representing the municipality's sources of income.
Leis Municipais database