Last modified: 2020-08-21 by christopher oehler
Keywords: yangsan | gyeongsangnam-do | south korea |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Tomislav Šipek, 17 September 2019
Source: Yangsan website
The flag of Yangsan is white with mark.
Tomislav Šipek, 17 September 2019
From the Yangsan web site:
- The white background color in flag marking the letter "Y", which stands for Yangsan, identifies Yangsan as a transportation hub where the Namhae and Seoul-Busan expressways meet.
- The blue colored letter "S", which stands for the S in Yangsan.
- The green color signifies that Yangsan symbolizes the city's successful harmonization of industry, nature, and tourism.
- The red color shows the strong, forward-moving spirit of Yangsan's citizens.
- The yellow color symbolizes the sun which stands for bright future that the citizens are aspiring for.
- In all, the flag signifies the beautiful environment around Yangsan City and the optimism of its citizens. It also portrays Yangsan City as a future-oriented city, a city rich in culture, and a city ideal for travel and tourism.
researched by Phil Nelson, 9 October 2005