This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Hungary - Yacht Clubs Flags

Last modified: 2023-06-03 by zachary harden
Keywords: hungary | yacht |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

See also:


In Hungary there are 83 "official" yacht clubs. All of them have got own flags. For example:
- Kerekded Vitorlás Club, Csopak - <>
- Spartacus Vitorlás Egylet - <>
- Balatonfüredi Yacht Club - <>
István Molnár, 28 October 2001

Hungarian Yachting Association

image by István Molnár, 8 June 2001

Based on <>.
István Molnár, 8 June 2001

Fertő-tavi Vitorlás Szövetség

image by István Molnár, 28 October 2001

Fertő-tavi Vitorlás Szövetség - Yachting Association of the Fertő Lake, based on <>.
István Molnár, 28 October 2001

Spartacus Vitorlás Egylet

image by István Molnár, 3 January 2002

Spartacus Vitorlás Egylet flag at <>. Picture originally at <>.
István Molnár, 28 October 2001 and 3 January 2002

Velencei-tavi Vizisport Szövetség

image by István Molnár, 28 October 2001

Velencei-tavi Vizisport Szövetség - Yachting Association of the Velencei Lake.
István Molnár, 28 October 2001

Balatonfüred Yacht Club

image by User:Thommy9 of the Wikimedia Commons, 29 May 2017

Estb: 1867. Location: Zakonyi Ferenc utca 2, Balatonfured. Burgee: Pennant circa 9:15 (web image). Blue field charged with a white St.George’s cross and a yellow St. Stephen’s crown in the canton. Source "Following the English example, a group of Hungarian noblemen founded the first sailing club of Hungary called the Yacht Club of Balaton-Füred on 16 March 1867. . . . Count Ödön Batthány, who sailed and won regattas in England, became the president of the Club. . . . The development of Hungarian sailing was facilitated by the fact that in 1881 an English shipbuilder, Richard Young started to build the first sailing boats in his workshop located next to our present-day clubhouse. . . . On 14 September 1884, the Stefánia Yacht Club was founded, and Duke Mihály Esterházy became its Commodore. . . . The clubhouse, which was built based on the plans of Alajos Hausszmann, is the building of ’Vitorlás’ Restaurant today. . . . On 24 June 1912, the name of the Club was changed into Hungarian Yacht Club, but in the next year it was changed again, and with the permission of the Interior Minister and with the approval of the King, the Club was named Royal Hungarian Yacht Club. . . . In 1948, after World War II, the Home Office dissolved every social organization, the Royal Hungarian Yacht Club as well. It gave the right of property management of the clubhouse over to the Balaton Shipping Workers Sports Club. The founder and organizer of this Club was István Németh, who became also the president of the National Social Yachting Association. The Club was named Balatonfüred Vasas SC in 1951. . . . In 1964, the new three-storey clubhouse was built in the place of the old ’inner shipyard’, thus the Club already bearing the name MHD Vasas moved from the building designed by Hausszmann, and gave it over to Hungar Hotels. . . . On 22 April 1990, the General Assembly of the Club voted for a statute and a new name. The Balatonfüred Sport Club was established, which included six sections. A sailor, Károly Simon was elected president of the Club. . . . In 1996, the Sports Law passed the ownership of some sports properties to their operators. Thanks to this law the BSC submitted a tender and it became the owner of the sailing site, the football field and another area. Sailors raised the idea of becoming independent because they aimed to adapt quickly to the changing social situation. Following long preparatory negotiations, sailors and water hikers seceded the BSC and founded the Balatonfüred Yacht Club non-profit organization.” Source: (Translation by Google, accessed 14 April 2019).
Peter Edwards,18 April, 2019 (With the generous assistance of Anna Varró, BYC's marketing/media/rendezvény)