Last modified: 2010-11-13 by ivan sache
Keywords: charente | angouleme | letters: cna (white) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Ivan Sache
Angoulême is a peaceful city, capital city of the former province of Angoumois and of the departement of Charente, located on the peaceful river Charente.
The Club des Canotiers d'Angoulême was founded in 1870 and organized its first regatta in 1873. It was renamed Club Nautique d'Angoulême in 1901 and adopted in 1908 its official green and red colours. The CNA disappeared in 1933 and was reestablished in 1948. From 1964 to 1973, canoe was the only activity of the CNA. Since 1973, the CNA is a rowing club. Its current membership is 160.
The burgee of the Club Nautique d'Angoulême is horizontally divided green-red with the white letters CNA, in decreasing size, in the middle.
Source: CNA website
Ivan Sache, 26 September 2004