Last modified: 2014-12-27 by ivan sache
Keywords: villarejo del valle |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Villarejo del Valle - Image by Ivan Sache, 7 March 2014
The municipality of Villarejo del Valle (451 inhabitants in 2009; 4,160 ha) is located in the south of Ávila Province, 65 km of Ávila.
Ivan Sache, 25 January 2011
The flag and arms of Villarejo del Valle (municipal website) are prescribed by a Decree adopted on 7 August 2002 by the Municipal Council, signed on 12 August 2002 by the Mayor, and published on 4 September 2002 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 171, p. 11,558 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:
Flag: Rectangular flag with proportions 2:3, made of two vertical stripes separated by a serration of three pieces, with proportions 1:3 and 2:3, at hoist purple charged with a white pillory, at fly horizontally divided in two equal parts, the upper part white and the lower part green.
Coat of arms: Per fess serrated of five pieces, 1a. Purpure a pillory argent charged with the numeral "1694" sable, 1b. Argent a mountain goat's head sable, 2. Vert, a bunch of grapes or dexter a chestnut branch argent fructed or sinister an olive branch of the same per saltire. The shield surmounted with a Royal crown closed.
The pillory (photo) inscribed "1694" recalls that Villarejo del Valle was granted a municipal charter in 1694 by King Charles II.
Ivan Sache, 7 March 2014