Last modified: 2015-10-25 by ivan sache
Keywords: partaloa |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Partaloa - Image from the Símbolos de Almería website, 9 May 2014
The municipality of Partaloa (979 inhabitants in 2013; 5,300 ha; municipal website) is located 90 km north of Almería.Klaus-Michael Schneider, 4 November 2012
The flag and arms of Partaloa, adopted on 14 February 2000 by the Municipal Council and validated on 24 January 2002 by the Royal Academy of Cordóba, are prescribed by Decree No. 114, adopted on 25 March 2002 by the Government of Andalusia and published on 23 April 2002 in the official gazette of Andalusia, No. 47, pp. 6,458-6,459 (text). This was confirmed by a Decree adopted on 30 November 2004 by the Government of Andalusia and published on 20 December 2004 in the official gazette of Andalusia, No. 246, pp. 28,986-29,002 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:
Flag: Rectangular panel, twice longer than high [shown in proportions 2:3], horizontally divided into two equal parts, the upper olive green and the lower white. In the center of the panel is placed the municipal coat of arms, in height 1/3 of the flag's height.
Coat of arms: Per pale, 1. Azure a bend or engulfed by dragon-lions [dragantes] of the same, 2. Argent an olive tree vert terraced of the same a wolf passant sable. The shield surmounted by a Royal crown closed.
The first quarter shows the arms of the Mendoza family, recalling that Pedro Fajado Chacón purchased in 1501 Partaloa from Diego Hurtado de Mendoza, Duke of the Infantado. The wolf is a reference to the origin of the village's name, baldaluva, from the Arab word balda and the Latin word lupa. The olive tree symbolizes the main source of income in the municipality, olive oil.
[Símbolos de las Entidades Locales de Andalucía. Almería (PDF file)]
Klaus-Michael Schneider & Ivan Sache, 4 November 2012