This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Tufiño Parish (Carchi, Ecuador)

Last modified: 2018-11-17 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: carchi | tulcan | tufiño |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



image by Ivan Sache, 7 September 2018


See also:


Overview

The parish of Tufiño was established on 5 June 1935. Originally known as Montañuela, for a local plant (piñuela, indeed the fruit of Bromelia pinguin L.), the parish was renamed to Tufiño in 1946, as a tribute to the cartographer Luis Gonzalo Tufiño, who demarcated the border between Ecuador and Colombia.
The parish is composed of 8 boroughs and 6 communities.
http://tufino.gob.ec/
Parish website
Ivan Sache, 7 September 2018


The Flag

The flag of Tufiño is horizontally divided green-yellow.
The colors represents the greenness and productivity of the fields; the optimal environment to live in dignity; a positive mind fueled with hope that the sons of the parish, from both its urban and rural components, will maintain their vision of a future always better than the present and the past.
[This seems to be indeed the meaning of the green color; the meaning of yellow appears to be missing from the description.]
http://tufino.gob.ec/carchi/?p=109
Parish website
Ivan Sache, 7 September 2018