Last modified: 2020-07-26 by rob raeside
Keywords: royal kennebeccasis yacht club |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Clay Moss, 3 January 2015
Royal Kennebeccasis Yacht Club, St John, New Brunswick.
Established May 1894 as St John Yacht Club.
April 1898. Re-named Kennebecasis Yacht Club, after the river on which the club sailed.
5 July 1898. Granted title ‘royal’. Name spelt with two c’s on the document and the club adopted this spelling.
19 January 1899. Warrant for plain Blue Ensign. Burgee: red over blue over red, all converging at fly: white saltire in centre of blue, crown in upper hoist.
1937. Canadian Blue Ensign replaced Blue Ensign.
David Prothero, 3 January 2015