Last modified: 2022-02-26 by rob raeside
Keywords: saint-majorique-de-grantham | quebec |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Saint-Majorique-de-Grantham is a parish municipality in the
Centre-du-Québec region of Quebec.
A photo of the flag was posted by Luc Baronian in the FOTW Facebook group:
Masao Okazaki, 26 November 2020
Saint-Majorique-de-Grantham is a parish municipality in the Centre-du-Québec
region of Quebec. The village is named for Majorique Marchand, who served as the
parish priest for more than 20 years and pushed the canonical erection of the
Sainte-Majorique parish, proclaimed on 8 April 1888. Civil erection followed, on
17 September 1888.
Information about the logo can be found here:
The logo, with a stylized, modern and rural look, offers a human vision through its hand-written script. "de-Grantham", smaller and used as a support, suggest natural emphasis on "Saint-Majorique". The three curves placed above the logo highlight three important dimensions characterizing the municipality's environment: water, soil and vegetation. Accordingly, the three curves are blue, green and brown. Above the curves are placed three stylized firs recalling the biggest planted wood on the Saint-Lawrence's southern bank.
Saint-Majorique was involved in the project of barrage planned in 1929 on rapids Spicer by the Southern Canada Power Co. Several owners had to leave their land, but the project was soon abandoned. The Southern Canada Power Co. reforested the river's banks, the area being included in Forest Drummond.
Ivan Sache, 27 November 2020
image located by Dave Fowler, 23 February 2022