Last modified: 2022-02-26 by rob raeside
Keywords: la matanie | quebec |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
La Matanie is a regional county municipality, located in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region of Quebec.
The subdivisions within the RCM are the town of Matane, seven municipalities and three parishes:
On February 21, 2018, the RCM Matanie adopted a V-/W/V- flag (resolution
https://www.mrcdematane.qc.ca/images/Upload/Documents/Proces_verbaux/Conseil/2018/pv_2018_02_21_conseil_ord.pdf According to the resolution,
the flag is rectangular in shape and composed of vertical sections; wider, the central part is white and bears the emblem of the MRC (badge of the official logo) as well as the words “La Matanie”; the narrow bands at the hoist and the fly are green to remind the importance of agriculture and forestry in the development of La Matanie; in the upper hoist, a white fleur-de-lys recalls the French origins and the fact that the Matanie population belongs to Québec.
The flag in use:
Olivier Touzeau, 11 June 2020
image located by Dave Fowler, 1 February 2022
The logo of the MRC evokes one of its basic missions, the planning of
territorial management and development. Featuring the local, diversified,
landscapes, the logo highlights:
- the dynamism and solidarity of the region and its population, represented by interspersed shapes.
- rivers and lakes, which are evoked by the curved, moving lines and by the blue color.
- the generosity of the natural environment and the significance of the forest ecosystem, which are recalled by the green shades and the tree.
- the effervescent context and commitment to sustainable development, which are illustrated by the abundant foliage.
- the Chic-Chocs mountain range, which is illustrated by the white counter-shape and evokes adventure.
- the cultivated plain, which is represented by the two sections in soft green color at the bottom of the mountains.
Ivan Sache, 12 February 2022