Last modified: 2020-07-18 by ian macdonald
Keywords: rio grande do sul | dilermando de aguiar |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 17 July 2020
The municipality of Dilermando de Aguiar (3,064 inhabitants; 60,055 ha) is
located 350 km west of Porto Alegre.
Dilermando de Aguiar was settled in 1885 by Colonel José da Rocha Vieira, who built a house and an hotel in Estação San Pedro, close to the railway designed by engineer Dilermando de Aguiar. The railway station inaugurated on 23 December 1890 was named for the engineer, as would be the settlement that developed nearby.
The municipality of Dilermando de Aguiar was established by Municipal Law No. 10,633 promulgated on 28 December 1995, and inaugurated on 3 October 1996.
Ivan Sache, 17July 2020
The flag and arms of Dilermando de Aguiar are prescribed by Municipal Law No.
40 promulgated on 26 August 1997.
The flag of the municipality of Dilermando de Aguiar has a white and green field, the latter in two shades, is rectangular and contains in the center the heraldic symbol of Dilermando de Aguiar.
§1. White symbolizes the spirit of peace of the community.
§2. Green symbolizes the large areas of the dominant vegetation in the municipality.
§1. The coat of arms is composed of two lances representing War and Peace.
§2. The lasso [...]
§3. Green represents the fields and the vegetation.
§4. The agricultural production of the municipality is represented by cattle, wheat and rice.
Leis Municipais database
The flag is horizontally divided light green-dark green-light green, with a white stripe between the green stripes, charged in the center with the municipal coat of arms inscribed in a white disc.
Ivan Sache, 17 July 2020