Last modified: 2021-12-24 by rob raeside
Keywords: cainguás department | misiones province | argentina |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Aristóbulo del Valle (20,683 inhabitants in 2001; 53,000 ha) is located in the center of Misiones Province, 140 km from Posadas.
Aristóbulo del Valle originates in the establishment of a colony on 14 June 1921. The municipality of Aristóbulo del Valle was established on 15 October 1957. The municipality is named for the lawyer and politician Aristóbulo del Valle (1845-1896). Professor of Constitutional Law at the Buenos Aires University and one of the most famous orators of his time, Del Valle was Deputy (1870), Senator (1876; President of the Senate, 1880) and Minister.
The flag of Aristóbulo del Valle is prescribed by Ordinance No. 25/2000. Selected in a public contest organized by School No. 422, the flag was unveiled on 3 October 2005.
The flag is divided green-light blue by a sinuous, narrow red stripe descending from the upper hoist to the lower fly and charged with white discs.
Green represents the exuberant vegetation in the municipality and acknowledged the action of our Ecologist Group to protect the environment, which is the base of the present and future development.
Blue represents the abundant watercourses that water the municipal territory and form several rapids and waterfalls, therefore the nickname of the town, "The Paradise of Rapids and Waterfalls". This is due to the geographical location of the municipality, at the foot of the Sierra Central, which forms the watershed of that part of the Misiones Province.
Red represents the colour of the soil and the motifs of the native's handcraft, acknowledging the native roots of the inhabitants. The stripe also represents Provincial Road No. 7, which links us to the town of Jardín América, and the dedication of the flag to our cherished hometown.
Ivan Sache, 31 Dec 2013
The municipality of Campo Grande (5,293 inhabitants in 2001; 482 sq.
km) is the capital (and one of the three municipalities) of Cainguás
Department (53,403 inh. in 2010; 1,608 sq. km)t, located in the center
of Misiones Province.
The flag of Campo Grande was selected in a public contest organized by the municipal administration. Among 50 proposals, the jury selected the design submitted by the teacher Nancy Rolón. The flag was unveiled on 20 June 2013 (Argentine Flag Day).
The flag is horizontally divided celeste blue ("the colour of the sky and water), white (representing liberty and purity, as well as the white overall", recalling that Campo Grande is the place of the Teacher's Festival), and green (representing the natural environment as well as the tea and yerba mate plantations).
The emblem in the middle of the flag includes a map of the municipality ("brown, the colour of our soil") crossed by a celeste blue line representing Road No. 8, and, at the bottom, by coloured stripes recalling the native's traditional fabrics, coloured Olympic rings as a tribute to sportsmen, human silhouettes, a sun and leaves.
Ivan Sache, 15 Sep 2013