Last modified: 2019-11-17 by ivan sache
Keywords: kütahya |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Kütahya, two versions - Images by Tomislav Šipek, 20 December 2017
The flag of Kütahya (photo, photo, photo) is blue with the municipality's emblem. "Belediyesi" means "Municipality".
Tomislav Šipek, 20 December 2017
Flag of Seyitömer - Image by Tomislav Šipek, 20 December 2017
The municipality of Seyitömer is located 30 km of Kütahya.
The flag of Seyitömer (photo) is white with the municipality's emblem. "Belediyesi" means "Municipality".
The emblem features the Seyitömer thermal power plant.
The tender for Electricity Generation Company's Seyitömer 600 MW thermal
power plant has been concluded. Upon making it to the top two among 16
bidders in total, Çelikler Construction Co. won the duel against Eti
Copper Inc. with its offer of approximately 2.25 billion USD. The
privatization tender was carried out in bulk including the asset sale of
Seyitömer Thermal Power Plant and movables and real estates utilized by
Turkish Coal Enterprise (TKİ) Seyitömer Lignite Enterprise as well as
the transfer of operating rights for the lignite site licenses.
Electricity Generation Company's 600 MW power plant composed of four
units which has been sold by tender, has an annual generation capacity
of around 4 billion kWh as of 2011 and a capacity ratio of 74%.
[Mining Turkey, 9 February 2013]
Tomislav Šipek & Ivan Sache, 11 January 2018
Flag of DPÜ - Image by Ivan Sache, 4 December 2017
DPÜ (website), established in 1992 in Kütahya, is composed of 10 Faculties, 5 Schools, 4 Graduate Schools and 15 Vocational Schools.
The flag of DPÜ (photo,
photo) is white with the university's emblem in the center.
The emblem represents the Unknown Soldier monument (presentation) that commemorates the battle of Dumlupınar, fought from 26 to 30 August 1922; the Turkish victory resulted in the Greek withdrawal from Anatolia and the end of the Turkish War of Independence.
On 31 August 1922, Commander Mustafa Kemal Pasha noticed on the battlefield the arm of a dead soldier pointing upwards from a pit where the corpses of Turkish and Greek soldiers had been hastily buried. Noticing a flag nearby, Kemal ordered to raise the flag and inquired about the identity of the soldier who had died without lowering his arm, to no avail.
The monument, designed by the architects Arif Hikmet Koyunoğlu (1888-1982) and Taşçı Kadir Usta, was inaugurated on 30 August 1927 by Mustafa Kemal Atatürk. Removed in 1964 from the site, the restored monument was reestablished on its original site by Major General Ali Özveren and re-inaugurated on 30 August 1979.
Ivan Sache, 4 December 2017
Flag of the Kütahya Commodity Exchange - Image by Ivan Sache, 5 September 2019
The flag of the Kütahya Commodity Exchange (photo) is white with the organization's emblem.
Ivan Sache, 5 September 2019