Last modified: 2018-04-13 by ivan sache
Keywords: bitlis |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Bitlis Province - Image by Tomislav Šipek, 12 March 2015
The flag of Bitlis Province (photo, photo) is white with the province's emblem. "Valiliği" means "Governorate".
The five stylized minarets recall a famous Turkish folk song, Bitlis'te Beş Minare (Five Minarest in Bitlis; performed by Oyalı Yazma and Gamze Can), which starts with "Five minarets in Bitlis / Come closer boy come closer..."
Tomislav Šipek & , 28 June 2017
Flag of the Bitlis Special Provincial Administration - Image by Tomislav Šipek, 25 October 2017
The flag of the Bitlis Special Provincial Administration (photo) is white with the administration's emblem. "İl Özel İdaresi" means "Special Provincial Administration".
The snowboarder recalls that the province is rich in ski resorts.
- Bitlis Ski Center, established in 1969, has one skilift that picks the skiers from 1510 m to 1700 m, to four tracks;
- Tatvan Ski Center, equipped with two babylifts;
- Ahlat Serinbayır Ski Center, at the hillside of Mount Nemrut in Yumurtatepe region, equipped with one babylift;
- Rahva Ski Center, equipped with two babylifts;
- Sapgõr Ski Center - A single surface lift takes skiers up to the top of an impressive, treeless, bowl. There isn't a lot of variety of skiing here as yet, just two very steep un-pisted runs down either side of a deep gully. The open terrain at Bitlis Sapgõr Ski Center is ideally suited to snowboarding and aggressive off-piste skiing, especially the day after a decent fall of powder.
Tomislav Šipek & Ivan Sache, 27 October 2017