Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: miedzno |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Chrystian Kretowicz, 21 Dec 2008
adopted 27 Apr 2006
First mentioned in 1391.
1425 - King Władysław Jagiełło founded the Saint Catherine of Alexandria Parish
1795 - under Prussian rule
1807-1815 - included in Grand Duchy of Warsaw
1815 - in (Russian) Congress Kingdom of Poland
1863 - (September 3) Battle of Mazówki with Russian Army
1939 - (September 1) victorious Battle of Mokra - Volhynian Cavalry Brigade over German IV Panzer Division ("with sabres against tanks")
1939-1945 - annexed to the III Reich
1999 - self-government as the commune
Arms and flag adopted on April 27, 2006 (resolution # 324/XXXVIII/2006).
"Arms: on the silver shield an image of Saint Catherine of Alexandria (patroness of the commune) with the shield bearing the Jagiellonian Coat of Arms at her feet.
Flag: rectangle in the ratio 5:8 composed of three uneven horizontal
* upper - white - 1/4 of the width of the flag
* middle - red - 1/2 of the width of the flag
* lower - white - 1/4 of the width of the flag.
On the middle, red band, the Arms are placed."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 21 Dec 2008