Last modified: 2018-12-15 by rob raeside
Keywords: reda |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Reda is a town on the Reda River in Kashubia or Eastern Pomerania region,
north-western Poland with some 17,000 inhabitants. Situated in the Wejherowo
County in Pomeranian Voivodeship since 1999.
It is connected by well developed railway and highway connections to the Tricity, an aglomeration of over 1 million on the coast of Gdańsk Bay.
In 1357 first mentioned in documents. Later it shared the history of the province.
Arms and flag adopted on February 6, 1996 and confirmed on December
4, 2002 (resolution # II/12/2002).
"Arms: on the blue shield and on the background of the triple hill there is a white church. This is the Church of the Ascension of Virgin Mary of which tower is a characteristic landmark of the town. Three hills symbolize three parts of the city: Ciechocino, Pieleszewo and Reda itself.
The blue base of the shield symbolize the River Reda.
Previous Coat of Arms was used from 1967 to 1996 and presented on white header a colorful flower - en element of Kashubian embroidery, and below it, a white wall and golden initial "R" on blue field.
Flag: a rectangle composed of three horizontal bands: upper - silver
(white); middle - gold (yellow) and lower - blue which is double the width
of the other two.
Colors of the flag correspond to those of the Arms: silver church, golden hills and blue river and sky."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 6 Nov 2008