Last modified: 2018-12-15 by rob raeside
Keywords: obrowo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
First mentioned in 1309
The name, most likely, is derived from the turco-tatar word "Awar" meaning "Giant" and which evolved, in the Polish language, through the times: "obrzyn - obrzym - olbrzym"
Obrowo is an agricultural commune: land under cultivation - 55%; forests - 37%.
Arms and flag adopted on July 22, 2008 (resolution # XVI/113/2008).
"Arms: composed by the combination of the elements of the Coat of Armss of the two families owning it in the past - Dzialynskis of the Coat of Arms "Ogonczyk" and Bugheims.
Flag mirrors the Arms."
Arms and flag designed by Mr.Lech-Tadeusz Karczewski (graphic artist)
with historic justification by Dr.Krzysztof Mikulski (historian).
Chrystian Kretowicz, 6 Dec 2008