Last modified: 2018-12-15 by rob raeside
Keywords: qalansawe | qalansuwa | kalansawe | kalansuwa | iriyat qalansawe | baladiyat qalansawe | sharon |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Qalansawe (or Qalansuwa) is first mentioned in the 13th
century and the current village is presumed to be founded in the
17th century. It was transferred to Israel in accordance to cease
fire agreement of 1949. Municipality since 2000 with population
of 15,800 (2003 - making it the smallest municipality in Israel))
.In the emblem thete is the local mosque that was built on the ruins on ancient church.
Emblem can be seen at <www.cityindex.co.il> and on a special postage seal issued on 15 August 2001 to commemorate the change of municipal status.
Dov Gutterman, 2 may 2005