Last modified: 2018-12-15 by rob raeside
Keywords: ar'ara | mo'atza mekomit ar'ara |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Ar'ara is situated in Iron Valley, south of road 65.
Established in 1990 by unification of two villages: A'ra (Which
Arabic name of the valley) and Ar'Ara (Local Council since 1970). Pop. 14,800. All Moslems.
The current village of A'ra is situated near the ruins of the ancient town of Arona and was founded in the 19th century by farmers from nearby Ar'ara. Ar'ara, according to local tradition, was founded by Bedouins from Ar'ara BaNegev.
Both villages were transfered to Israel according to the cease-fire agreement of 1949.
Emblem at <www.cityindex.co.il>.
Dov Gutterman, 1 May 2005