Last modified: 2014-03-01 by ivan sache
Keywords: tankerska plovidba | zadar | st. grisogon | st. chrysogonus | jugoslovenska tankerska plovidba | jugotanker | star (red) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
House flag of Tankerska plovidba - Image by Jorge Candeias, 16 March 1999
Tankerska plovidba, based in Zadar, succeeded Jugoslovenska tankerska plovidba in the 1990s.
Željko Heimer, 15 June 2001
The house flag of Tankerska plovidba (photo) is in proportions 1:2, swallow-tailed, with the hoist square being white with a blue picture of a haloed horseman riding to hoist holding a spear (St. Grisogon / Chrysogonus, the patron saint of Zadar) and the fly part being divided horizontally red-white-blue.
Dov Gutterman, Jorge Candeias & Željko Heimer, 26 February 2004
House flag of Jugoslavenska tankerska plovidba - Image by Željko Heimer, 15 June 2001
Jugoslavenska tankerska plovidba (Jugotanker), established in 1955 in Zadar, was specialized in liquid cargo (oil). The company owned 11 tanker ships, including the two largest in the Yugoslav merchant fleet, and over a dozen of lesser cargo ships. In 1962, it integrated the Zadar company.
The house flag of Jugotanker, as shown by Josef Nuesse and Isaić [isa01], is in c. 3:5 proportions, horizontally divided in five stripes, blue-white-red-white-blue, with, in the middle, a virtual white square rotated 45 degress whose diagonal equals three stripes, containing a five-pointed red star.
Željko Heimer, 21 November 2004