Last modified: 2018-11-04 by ivan sache
Keywords: algerian red crescent |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of the Algerian Red Crescent, two versions - Images by Tomislav Šipek, 3 November 2018
The National Society of the Algerian Red Crescent (official website), in short, the Algerian Red Crescent, is the oldest humanitarian aid society in Algeria.
The establishment of the Algerian Red Crescent was initiated in Tangiers in 1956. The provisory Statutes of the society were forwarded on 15 October 1956 to the leaders of the Algerian revolution. Following the approval of the Statutes by the commanders of Wilaya 5 (Oran), the Algerian Red Crescent was inaugurated on 29 December 1956. The provisory Statutes were registered on 8 January 1957 at the provincial administration (amalat) of Tangiers, then a neutral international territory; the new society was presented the next day to the radio and the press. The provisory seat of the Algerian Red Crescent was transferred on 25 September 1957 from Tangiers to Tunis, then the seat of the Provisory Government of the Algerian Republic.
Ivan Sache, 1 May 2016
The flag of the Algerian Red Crescent (photo, photo) is white with the society's emblem in the middle. The emblem is made of a red crescent on a white disk, surrounded by a white ring outlined in red and inscribed with the name of the society in Arabic (top) and French (bottom), in red letters, the two writings separated by two red stars.
Ivan Sache & Tomislav Šipek, 3 November 2018