This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Oberschneiding Municipality (Germany)

Gemeinde Oberschneiding, Landkreis Straubing-Bogen, Bayern

Last modified: 2022-06-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: oberschneiding | inescutcheon | hound | man(crowned) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Oberschneiding municipal banner] 5:2 image by Jörg Majewski, 9 June 2022
See also:

Oberschneiding Municipality

Oberschneiding Banner

It is a white-blue-yellow vertical tricolour. The coat of arms is shifted towards the top.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 June 2022

Oberschneiding Coat of Arms

Shield parted per pale; at dexter Or a man issuant Argent crowned Or and coated Azure with five buttons Or, holding a sword Argent in bend sinister by his risen dexter arm; at sinister Gules a sinister facing hound salient Argent, on heart point an inescutcheon Vert charged with five grain ears Or in fan.
The crowned man is taken from the family arms of the Barons of Dürniz, who ruled the local district (Bavarian: Hofmark) from 1643 until 1848. The hound is alluding to the Premonstratensian Windberg Monastery, which also owned large estates in the village. The five grain ears are representing the importance of the cultivation of grain and their number is referring to the five former municipalities of Oberschneiding, Niederschneiding, Wolferkofen, Großenpinning and Reißing, which formed the current municipality and were incorporated between 1972 and 1978.
Source: Hans Voggenreiter: "Die Gemeinden des Landkreises Straubing-Bogen", in: "Der Landkreis Straubing-Bogen", Straubing 1984, pp.80-82
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 June 2022

Banner and arms were approved on 2 April 1981 by district governor (Regierungspräsident) of Niederbayern.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 June 2022

back to Straubing-Bogen cities and municipalities click here