Last modified: 2012-03-31 by german editorial team
Keywords: landkreis mainburg | mainburg county | coat of arms: chief (lozengy) | coat of arms: chief (bavaria) | coat of arms (horse head: white) | coat of arms (plant: white) | coat of arms (plant: hop) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 7th July 1958, flag adopted 13th August 1959, abolished 30th June 1972
Blue-white-blue, adopted 13.08.1959. Incorporated into Kelheim county during the 1972 municipal reform. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 13 July 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on July 7, 1958.
The lower part shows a hops plant, as hops cultivation has been of great importance in the district. The horse symbolises the local legends around the Hallertauer Schimmel horse.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 18 June 2003