This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Hodonín okres, South Moravian region
Last modified: 2018-05-25 by kryštof huk
Keywords: veterov |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
by Jarig Bakker, 26 Jun 2004
adopted 18 Mar 2003
Věteřov municipality flag
Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (2003)
- Věteřov, Hodonín district, South Moravian region - adopted 18 Mar 2003
527 inhabitants - Settlement from the early Bronze Age above the village
gave the name to the so called "Věteřov culture" (pottery with double
wavy line and two cross lines). Remnants of a fortified settlement of Slavonic
origin. In the 12th century a crossroads of a trade routes. Church of St.
Constantin and St. Method from 1902. Chapel in the middle of full-grown
linden trees - Baroque with folk features (18th century). Art Nouveau parsonage
from 1909 decorated by fresco by Jano Kohler and statues by Jan Mar.
Info from this site.
Jarig Bakker, 26 Jun 2004
Věteřov Coat of Arms
by Jarig Bakker, 26 Jun 2004, after image on this