Last modified: 2021-08-25 by rob raeside
Keywords: alajuela | palmares |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Olivier Touzeau, 6 March 2017
Palmares is the name of a canton in the province of Alajuela
in Costa Rica. The canton covers an area of 38.06 kmē, and has a
population of 31,608. The capital city of the canton is also
The canton encompasses a circular area with the city of Palmares at its center. The Montes de Aguacate (Avocado Mountains) establish the boundary on the canton's southwestern edge and the Río Grande delineates the boundary on its north and northeast sides.
The canton of Palmares is subdivided into 7 distritos (districts).
Granja" - from Wikipedia
The flag (very small image)
can be seen on canton's
Sources: wikipedia, canton's website.
Valentin Poposki, 8 April 2009
The flag of the municipality was approved in Ordinary Session No. 123 of
September 6, 2004. The project of flag was presented by Mr. Erick Vargas Vega.
Interpretation of the flag of Palmares:
- the white color symbolizes a jovial and peaceful people.
- the blood red color symbolizes a developing canton, with progress and hard work, forging his own destiny.
- two crosses are complementing each other in the lower and upper hoist: The first cross represents the passage of Jesus in this world, the second cross represents the four cardinal points.
- the 7 white stars 7 represent the seven districts of the canton.
- the official shield of the canton is on the fly of the flag.
Olivier Touzeau, 6 March 2017
image contributed by Fred Drews, 23 March 2006