Last modified: 2014-05-16 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: boyaca | santa rosa de viterbo | viterbo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dov Gutterman, 21 September 2008
Santa Rosa de Viterbo is a municipality in the Colombian
Department of Boyacá, part of the the subregion of the Tundama
Province. It was founded on 12 may 1690.
The flag of Santa Rosa de Viterbo is horizontally divided green-red with white triangle at the hoist.
Source: municipal web site
Dov Gutterman, 21 September 2008
Translated from municipal
"The flag is divided in two equal horizontal stripes, green on top and red on bottom. There is a white equilateral triangle placed along the hoist.
Green means the resources of the fields and the hope the town will live.
Red means the blood shed by the sons of the town who faught in the emancipation epos. White means the vigor and whiteness of the spirit of the mothers preparing in their homes a great and free homeland."
Ivan Sache, 1 October 2008
image from municipal web site