Last modified: 2022-03-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | sarandi |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 9 February 2022
The municipality of Sarandi (96,688 inhabitants in 2019; 10,322 ha) is
located 430 km north-west of Curitiba.
Sarandi was established in 1947 by Companhia Melhoramentos; urban plots were offered as a "supply center" for the Ferrovia Rede Viação Paraná/Santa Catarina railway. The district of Sarandi was established, as part of the municipality of Marialva, by Municipal Law No. 53 promulgated on 21 December 1954.
Initiated in 1974, the development of the town proper exploded in 1976 following the "black frost" that destroyed most coffee grooves. The municipality of Sarandi was established by State Law No. 7,502 promulgated on 14 October 1981 and inaugurated on 1 February 1983.
The flag of Sarandi is celestial blue with the municipal coat of arms in the center.
Ivan Sache, 9 February 2022