Last modified: 2022-03-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | sao miguel do iguacu |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 10 February 2022
The municipality of São Miguel do Iguaçú (27,452 inhabitants in 2019; 85,130
ha) is located 600 km west of Curitiba.
The flag and arms of São Miguel do Iguaçú are prescribed by Municipal Law No. 22 promulgated on 16 November 1971.
The flag shall be rectangular, in official dimensions, with the following colors and characteristics: two green rectangles and two yellow quadrilaterals forming a white cross.
The coat of arms shall be composed of a celestial blue eight-cogged wheel located in the center of the white cross, supported right by a wheat spike and left by a soybean plant proper; beneath the cogwheel a red scroll inscribed in the center with toponym "São Miguel de Iguaçu" surrounded by years "1951" (left) and "195-61" (right) in letters argent (silver).
The colors of the coat of arms have the following meaning:
- green, the forests' exuberance.
- yellow, the soil resources.
- white, people's faith.
- celestial blue, justice, nobleness and loyalty.
- red, pioneer's intrepidity, courage and audacity.
- cogwheel, union and progress,
- wheat and soybean, agricultural resources.
- 1951, date of foundation.
- 1961, date of political and administrative emancipation.
The municipal flag and arms shall have the same shape as the national flag and arms.
Leis Municipais database
Ivan Sache, 10 February 2022