Last modified: 2012-12-29 by rob raeside
Keywords: societÓ anonima austriaca di nav. a vap. dalmatia |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 11 April 2008
Lloyd's Book of House Flags and Funnels (1912) shows the house flag of "SocietÓ Anonima Austriaca di NaV. a Vap. "Dalmatia"" (#266, p. 49), a company based in Trieste (then in Austria-Hungary), as blue with a white "D" in the middle.
"SocietÓ Anonima di Navigazione a Vapore Dalmatia" was founded in 1908, with
its seat in Trieste and port of call in Zara, and Hungarian, Italian and German
as the languages of use. The emblem of the company, as shown on a webpage by
Aldo Cherini, dedicated to the coastal navigation in Venezia Giulia and
Dalmatia, 1819-1875, shows a much more ornamented "D" than on the Lloyd's image.
Ivan Sache, 11 April 2008