Last modified: 2023-04-08 by rick wyatt
Keywords: hamilton county | ohio |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image from Flags of Ohio website located by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 12 November 2005
- indicates flag is known.
- indicates it is reported that there is no known flag.
Municipal flags in Hamilton County:
Hamilton County Flag Unveiled on Flag Day
Hamilton County raised its new flag at an event on Flag Day this past Friday. The event was held on the Courthouse steps and included a brief ceremony and the raising of the new Hamilton County flag by County Commissioners. The County is also displaying the other entries received, many of which came from local children, in the lobby of the County Administration Building (138 E. Court Street).
The County flag design was selected from 95 entries from local artists and students. The flag development process was a partnership between Hamilton County and ArtWorks, a local non-profit that provides training and opportunities in the arts for local youth. ArtWorks sought entries from local schools, the general public and its own network of local artists. A panel consisting of County officials, citizens, and ArtWorks staff helped select three finalists and the final design. The design was created by Justin Green of Oakley. The flag features a red "H", trimmed in green symbolizing Hamilton County. The H is encircled by an "O" representative of Ohio. Hamilton County's 12 townships are symbolized by the curves of the circular motif. The flag includes 37 stars representing the 21 cities and 16 villages of Hamilton County.
The County Flag will be displayed at County facilities and will be displayed along with other County flags at the state capital as part of the State's Bicentennial celebration.
See also www.hamilton-co.org/Newsletter/March_29_2002/hhc_march_29_2002.htm
Dov Gutterman, 24 December 2002
The flag was adopted on June 14, 2002. To the original design, twelve blue stars were added on the "cogs" at the request of County Auditor Dusty Rhodes, who said that townships also deserved stars. The county is named after
Alexander Hamilton, the first U.S. Secretary of the Treasury. It was established in 1790.
Located by Valentin Poposki, 26 September 2007
The image above partly shows the flag of Hamilton County, Ohio (US). The last link on this page leads to a click-through list of Ohio county flags, Hamilton among them: www.ohiochannel.org/your_state/ohio_statehouse/education/ohio_county_flags.cfm?county_id=31. Our original image may be expanded, so to speak. Interestingly, this photo shows the flag without the little blue stars on the cogwheel: www.hamilton-co.org/Newsletter/Jun_19_2002/Flag%20Event%201.jpg, but then this is the original design, soon to be amended.
Jan Mertens, 20 May 2010
image located by Paul Bassinson, 23 February 2019
Paul Bassinson, 23 February 2019
image located by Valentin Poposki, 13 April 2020
image by Ivan Sache, 27 May 2019
The Hamilton County Police Association was organized September 23, 1937,
through the initiative and foresight of some of Hamilton County’s most
progressive police officials. It was born of necessity, pointed out by the fact
that most of those attending the initial organizational meeting were meeting
each other for the first time. There was jealousy and friction between many
adjacent political subdivisions, the cause of which was buried in history, but
kept alive by political tradition. The first noble feature of the first drafting
of the Association Constitution recognized this common need in this manner:
“This Association is formed for the primary purpose of promoting and bettering police work, to cultivate friendly and cooperative relations among law enforcement agencies, collecting and circulating valuable and useful information, to encourage enactment of laws, to further the benefits to the citizens, and to aid law enforcement officers in the apprehension, prosecution and conviction of law violators.”This was adopted as Article III of the Constitution and is the foundation of the organization and the guide for all organizational
image located by Valentin Poposki, 13 April 2020
Great Parks of Hamilton County was created in 1930 as the Hamilton County
Park District. Great Parks is a separate political subdivision of the State of
Ohio, governed by a Board of Park Commissioners. It is a special district in the
State of Ohio.
Great Parks Rangers are state-certified law enforcement officers who exercise full police powers by providing year-round, 24-hour park patrol service. They help ensure the safety and enjoyment of Great Parks’ visitors, as well as the protection of park facilities and more than 17,500 acres of park land. Great Parks of Hamilton County Rangers are state-certified peace officers who enforce federal and state laws, as well as Great Parks of Hamilton County bylaws. Rangers are trained in CPR and first aid and patrol by car, ATV, bike and foot. https://www.greatparks.org/about/rangers
Valentin Poposki, 13 April 2020