Last modified: 2021-08-25 by rob raeside
Keywords: assembly | tobago | trinidad and tobago |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Eugene Ipavec, 18 April 2011
The Tobago House of Assembly was created and first met in 1768 in George
Town, now called Studley Park, which was the designated capital of the island at
By the following year, 1769, the capital of the island was moved to Scarborough and so were the offices of the thirteen (13) member elected House of Assembly (Lower House) as well as the appointed Legislative Council (Upper House).
In 1877, representative government was abolished with the imposition of Crown Colony administration on the island.
The present Tobago House of Assembly was established by Act No. 37 of 1980, assented to on September 23rd, 1980, for the purpose of "making better provision for the administration of the island of Tobago and for matters therewith".
Source: http://www.tha.gov.tt/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=12, including image of the THA seal.
image located by Valentin Poposki, 18 April 2011
The flag of the Tobago House of Assembly is light blue with the THA seal on
You can see it on a photo on the third photo of the Photo Gallery slideshow: http://www.tha.gov.tt/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=11&Itemid=29.
Valentin Poposki, 18 April 2011