Last modified: 2018-12-15 by rob raeside
Keywords: zabrodzie |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The commune of Zabrodzie occupies 92 km2. Zabrodzie Commune is situated on the left side of the river Bug. Zabrodzie has convenient communication connections. At the eastern side there is the railway from Warsaw through Tłuszcz to Ostrołęka. At the western side there is a road of international importance connecting Śląsk through Warsaw and Białystok with countries at the eastern border of Poland. This road is a main route for the road cargo transport, and simultaneously one of national and international tourist main routes.
An abode of commune is Zabrodzie - its name derives from words "behind the ford", which means behind the passage across the river. First record in documents concerning Zabrodzie village dates back to 1578. The commune possesses its own coat of arms, where the red colour dominates, symbolizing the inspiration and the artistic creation and the twice frayed quill. Its refers to the figure of Cyprian Norwid, one of the most outstanding Polish poets who was born in Laskowo-Głuchy (at present Głuchy), situated in Zabrodzie Commune.
There is situated Office of the Commune, branch of Bank Spółdzielczy,
The Post Office and the Ruval Health Service Centre in Zabrodzie. There
are also four elementary schools (in Zabrodzie, Adelin, Kiciny and Dębinki),
the public Grammar-school, the Set of Schools and the Communal Centre of
Culture, two houses of care for handicapped children in Niegów and Gaj-Fiszor
and the Orphanage in Dębinki in Zabrodzie Commune.
Source: commune's website.
Jarig Bakker, 25 Jan 2008