This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Utting upon Ammersee Municipality (Germany)

Gemeinde Utting am Ammersee, Landkreis Landsberg am Lech, Bayern

Last modified: 2020-10-10 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: utting(ammersee) | eagle(yellow) | base(wavy) | pikeperch |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Utting upon Ammersee municipal banner] 5:2 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Oct 2020
See also:

Utting upon Ammersee Municipality

Utting Banner

It is a yellow-blue vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Oct 2020

Utting Coat of Arms

Shield parted per fess, above Azure a demi-eagle issuant Or, beneath Or, an impending fish Azure over a base wavy of the same.
The golden demi-eagle is a differentiation of the arms of the Counts of Andechs-Dießen, displaying a lion above and an eagle beneath. The kin founded the monasteries of Andechs and Dießen. Both monasteries had been local co-rulers in Utting. Emperor Ludwig the Bavarian granted the right of patronage over the local parish church to Dießen Monastery in 1453. In the Late Medieval between 1356 and 1410 Utting is mentioned as a market town. In 1458 Utting became a possession of Andechs Monastery and remained there until 1803. Fish and waves are symbolising the location at the Ammersee and are also symbolising nature protection. The fish is a pikeperch and also symbolising fishing as important business line in the past.
Source: "Heimatbuch für den Landkreis Landsberg am Lech", 2nd edition, Landsberg am Lech 1982, pp.353, 763ff.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Oct 2020

The arms were approved on 17 November 1953 by Minister of Interior of Bayern.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 9 Oct 2020

back to Landsberg upon Lech cities and municipalities click here