This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Municipality of Neuhausen auf den Fildern (Germany)

Gemeinde Neuhausen auf den Fildern, Kreis Esslingen, Baden-Württemberg

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: neuhausen(fildern) | lion(red) | stem |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Neuhausen auf den Fildern municipal banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Jun 2013
approved 19 April 1967 See also:

Municipality of Neuhausen auf den Fildern

Neuhausen auf den Fildern Municipal Banner

Description of banner:
It is a red - white vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: Stefan Schwoon spotted this banner on 20 July 2003 at the local town hall.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Jun 2013

Neuhausen auf den Fildern Municipal Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a silver (= white) shield is a red lion, grasping a green, bendy stem of a tree with all paws.
The village was until 1754 ruled only by the Lords of Neuhausen. Since 1655 it was a condominion of the Lords of Neuhausen and the Lords of Rotenhan. In 1806 it became part of Württemberg. The village used from 1903-1930 unofficial arms within a blue shield with green base a black cross, which didn't match heraldic rules. The meaning or origin of these arms is not known. The present arms are based upon the newer arms of the Lords of Neuhausen. Their older arms just displayed a red, rampant lion.
Fildern is the name of a fertile high plain, consisting of the cities of Filderstadt, Leinfelden-Echterdingen and Ostfildern, the municipalities of Neuhausen auf den Fildern, Denkendorf and Wolfschlugen in the west, the Stuttgart boroughs of Vaihingen, Möhringen, Degerloch, Sillenbuch, Birkach and Plieningen in the north, the Esslingen boroughs of Berkheim and Zollberg in the east and finally the city of Aichtal in the south.
Source: Stadler 1971, p.78

The banner and was approved on 19 April 1967 by minister of interior of Baden-Württemberg, published in GABl 350/1967. The coat of arms was according to Ralf Hartemink approved in 1950 and was in use since 1930.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Jun 2013

back to Esslingen cities and municipalities click here