This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Cafelândia, São Paulo State (Brazil)

Last modified: 2013-04-27 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | cafelândia |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

Cafelândia, SP (Brazil) image by Ivan Sache, 21 March 2013
See also:

About the Flag

The municipality of Cafelândia (16,612 inhabitants in 2010; 91,986 ha) is located 440 km of São Paulo. The municipality is made of the town of Cafelândia proper and of the districts of Bacuriti, Cafesópolis and Simões.

Cafelândia originates in the establishment in 1916 of a railway station by "Estrada de Ferro Noroeste do Brasil". Two settlements developed nearby, separated by river Saltinho. José Zucchi established the village of Alfonso Pena, named for the railway station, on the left bank, while Broldo Arruda established the village of Cafelândia on the right bank. The two villages were united in 1919 to form the district of Cafelândia. The name of Cafelândia alludes to the millions coffee trees that were grown there. Among the most famous coffee growers were the Simões, whose ancestor Colonel Manoel Rodrigues Simões had sailed on river Tietê and colonized the region as soon as 1896. The municipality of Cafelândia was established by State Law No. 2,113 of 30 December 1925, seceding from Pirajui, and inaugurated on 11 April 1926. - Municipal website

The flag of Cafelândia is presented on Wikimedia Commons as white with the municipal coat of arms in the middle.

The image was contributed on 10 February 2013 by "Prefeitura Municipal", quoting the official municipal website as the source. No other source for the flag was found. Several municipal flags have been recently uploaded with the same credit, although, in most cases, the matching municipal website does not show the flag. However, photos of the flags, when available, indicate that the accuracy of these submissions is quite high (except the 2:3 proportions that do not match the common use of 14:20 proportions).

Ivan Sache, 21 March 2013