This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Campo Bom, Rio Grande do Sul(Brazil)

Last modified: 2020-08-02 by ian macdonald
Keywords: rio grande do sul | campo bom | bands: 2 (red-white-red) | triangle (white) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

Campo Bom, RS (Brazil) image by Ivan Sache, 13 July 2020

See also:


The municipality of Campo Bom (57,169 inhabitants in 2004) is located 50 km north of Porto Alegre.
The first official bike path in South America was set up in Campo Bom; covering now 18 km, the paths connect business parks and residential areas.

Campo Bom ("Good Field") was named by tropeiros conveying cattle from the hinterland to Porto Alegre, who used to stop in the fertile pastures of the area.
Campo Bom was settled in 1826 by German colonists, who erected in 1828 the first Evangelic church in southern Brazil. The first pastor, Cristian Klingelhoefer, and his son, Herrmann, joined the Ragamuffin Revolution, being killed in a fighting with the imperial troops.
Grapevine cultivation was introduced to Rio Grande do Sul and, some say, to Brazil, in 1826 by an Italian wine-grower, João Baptista Órsi. Emperor Peter I ordered the President of the Province of São Pedro to offer him plots where he would produce wines "of the same quality as those produced in Europe". Using grapevine stocks imported from Italy, Órsi soon produced quality wines of the Reno type.

Campo Bom was once the 2nd district of the municipality of São Leopoldo, in spite of having no territorial connection with it. The municipality of Bom Campo was established by State Law No. 3,707 promulgated on 31 January 1959 and inaugurated on 6 June 1959.
The industrialist Cláudio Enio Strassburger initiated in 1967 shoe industry, a main source of income for Campo Bom, duly represented on the municipal coat of arms.
Municipal website

Ivan Sache, 13 July 2020


One of Arcinóe Antônio Peixoto de Faria's many designs.

Ivan Sache, 13 July 2020

Clube 15 de Novembro

Clube 15 de Novembro, RS (Brazil) image by Ivan Sache, 13 July 2020

Clube 15 de Novembro originates in the establishment of Sociedade Concórdia on 3 October 1917, as the merger of three existing culture and sports clubs:
- Sociedade de Canto, a choir.
- Sociedade Alemã de Atiradores (Deutscher Schüetzen Verein), the German shooting society established on 3 March 1893.
- Esporte Clube 15 de Novembro, a football club established on 15 November 1911 in the Vetter shoe-making company.
On 12 April 1943, Esporte Clube 15 de Novembro became independent from Sociedade Concórdia. Esporte Clube 15 de Novembro and Sociedade Concórdia merged again on 30 April 1975 to form Clube 15 de Novembro.
Club website

The flag of Clube 15 de Novembro is horizontally divided green-yellow-red (1:2:1) with the club's emblem in the center, surrounded by "CLUBE" and "DE NOVEMBRO", in red. The red stripe is inscribed with "CAMPO BOM RS", in green.


Ivan Sache, 13 July 2020